Device Platform Intelligence
DPI, the Foundation of Cybersecurity
No matter what, the importance of network device visibility is paramount in the IoT era. Organizations require the endpoint intelligence needed to address not only technology-specific matters, such as device fingerprinting, but also to identify both business- and risk-related contexts. Also, any changes to a network’s security posture must be detected and alerts triggered in real-time. Without this fundamental capability, no other security solution will be able to help organizations achieve the level of critical detail needed to properly control their security environments.
Device Platform Intelligence (DPI) provides Next-generation device fingerprinting for the IoT era.
Layer 2 based network sensing technology
- No network changes needed (Plugin Play)
- Real-time data
Manage the entire lifecycle of all IP-enabled devices
- The most accurate detection of device platform (e.g. Not just “Android phone” but “Samsung Galaxy S6 mobile phone”)
- Contextual access information (Who, What, Where, When, How)
- Business context related to the device (e.g. EOL, EOS, Manufacturer Info)
- Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE) for each detected device
Expand visibility into IT/OT convergence
- IoT, ICS, SCADA
Next-Gen Device Fingerprinting
Without disturbing existing network infrastructure, you can quickly and accurately identify all IP-enabled devices, including all managed/unmanaged, known/unknown, rogue, and transient devices that exist in your network environment. Genains validates the following protocols and services to provide the most accurate device platform intelligence.
- MAC OUI / Vendor
- DHCP (options, client-identifier..)
- Hostname (netbios-ns)
- HPSLP / BJNP / CUPS
- CDP / LLDP
- Telnet Banner
- FTP Banner
- SMTP Banner
- SNMP OID / Description
- Open Port
- Web Browser User-Agent
- HTTP / HTTPS Front pages
- HTTPS Certificates
DPI correlates technology information with business context to understand where vulnerabilities may exist. This demands not only a more comprehensive view of the devices themselves but also better understanding of risk indicators.
- The name of Device Platform consists of manufacturer, device name, model number (Integrated with the Common Platform Enumeration (CPE) dictionary)
- The actual picture of the device platforms
The list of device fingerprinting sources
- Network connection type (Wired, Wireless)
- Product end of life (EOL)
- Product end of support (EOS)
- Manufacturer business status
- Manufacturer location (Country)
- Manufacturer homepage
- Linked to Product webpage
- Linked to Google search engine
- Integrate with Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures (CVE)
- Report device platforms exposed to vulnerability issues in real time
- Alert and notification
- Report manufacturer/vendor going out of business or being acquired, which can introduce systems that cannot be upgraded or patched
What is DPI?
Learn what Device Platform Intelligence (DPI) is and how DPI works.
See all device Platforms
Over 20,000 enterprise-grade device fingerprinting database and it is still growing.