Genians, an industry leader of multiple Cybersecurity Solutions such as Device Platform Intelligence (GDPI), Zero Trust Network Access Control (ZT-NAC), and Endpoint Detection and Response (EDR), is seeking a passionate Network Security Engineer responsible for testing, remotely installing/configuring, supporting and improving these products.
Established in 2005, Genians provides these solutions to over 1,600 global customers in all industries. We are expanding our team for the continued global rollout of these cutting-edge technologies, and this is your chance to be part of the process. Our engineers play a key role in shaping our products by bringing their own expertise, insight, and feedback from the field. Become part of the Team Genians during this exciting time!
The Engineer will participate in internal projects such as assisting in product development including direct interface with the Dev Team, testing/validation, documentation, and technical marketing. External facing work includes assisting partners and customers with consultation on deployment and support of Genians’ various Cybersecurity Solutions.
Due to the wide array of requirements, this position may be filled with a Junior Engineer or Mid-Senior Engineer depending on the experience level and qualifications of the candidate. The right combination of skills, experience, professional goals, and attitude are most important and will dictate who fills the position.
* Candidate must be eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship at any time.
* Position is 100% remote but must reside in the U.S. or Canada
MUST-HAVES (Junior Engineer Skills):
- Excellent written & verbal communication, task management, and team collaboration skills
- Be a self-starter with the ability to plan, organize and establish priorities to meet goals and achieve results
- Experience with Linux (Ubuntu experience preferred) and MacOS
- Experience with Virtualization (VMware, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, etc)
- General understanding of Active Directory / Group Policy
- General understanding of networking concepts (ARP, DHCP, DNS, VLANs, Routing, Firewalls, ACLs)
- General understanding of container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- General understanding of Network Access Control (NAC) concepts including RADIUS
- Experience with committing and merging code using SVN client
- At least one certification such as Linux+, Network+, CCNA, Security+, etc.
NICE TO HAVES (Mid-Level to Senior Skills):
- Experience with Network Access Control (NAC) solutions such as Cisco ISE, Aruba Clearpass, ForeScout, PacketFence, FortiNAC, etc.
- Experience configuring and supporting Layer2 and Layer3 network components (switches/routers) and Firewalls
- Experience configuring and supporting wireless networks (wireless controllers, access points)
- Experience with VPN Server/Client, IPSEC/GRE tunnels, VXLAN
Experience with Amazon Web Services solutions such as VPC, EC2, Subnets, Route Tables, Security Groups, Elastic IPs, etc
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools such as Packer and Terraform
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, etc
- Multiple certifications such as Linux+, Network+, Security+, CCNA/CCNP, AWS/Azure, etc.
- Daily Slack scrum meeting, weekly status meeting (video conference)
Some customer/partner support (load varies but typically only a smaller portion of the day)
- Utilize Jira to open tickets for problems, improvements, and new feature requests
- Creating and enhancing existing online documentation
- Maintaining certain aspects of the ZT-NAC product UI (control of minor UI updates including committing code to facilitate changes)
- Work with Solution Architect and Dev Team to help manage periodic Global software releases
- Test software for fixes, improvements, and new features
Testing typically includes home lab environment such as virtual environments, switching, wireless, and testing on various endpoints (Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS)
- Testing may also include Cloud environments such as AWS (launching EC2s, testing automated Cloud Security features, testing ZTNA and SASE components and features)
100% Remote Position
- Potential for occasional business travel in post-Covid Era
- Dependent on major trade shows/conferences resuming in-person activities
- Typically, only 2 to 3 times per year under normal circumstances
BENEFITS & TECHNICAL PERKS
- Competitive salary range dependent on experience level
- Healthcare Plan
- Medical, dental, and vision
- FSA & Dependent Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Personal AWS account (free) for use, linked to Organization’s account